Sunday, September 30, 2018

The (On the Road) Daily - Saturday, September 29, 2018

Writing Challenge- Day #31

Today is the last day I will count writing. A full month has passed and I have had the pleasure of writing at least a little everyday. The writing challenge is over, but not the writing. For the month of October I plan on doing two daily, shorter posts: one around Noon and one around 9 PM. Having two daily deadlines will be a challenge in itself. Having shorter posts will make it easier. I am still working out what will be in each post.

Today was the 12-hour BooneDoggle dance event. It was, as in years past, an amazing experience. I probably danced about eight of the 12 hours. My fitness level is still not up for 12 hours of dancing. But I am happy. My feet hurt a bit. There are a couple of blisters to tend to when I get home. And my heart is full, my soul re-charged, my body a bit stronger, my connections to others expanded by unmeasurable amounts and in ways that are hard to explain. You had to be there to know.

Tomorrow will be clean-up time at the dance location. And then the drive back home, back to daily routines, to the joys of living life with my kids, working hard with my coworkers, and all that I call "normal." But life will not be the same; this Contra dance, like many other Contra dances, has changed me, made me better, made me stronger.

Contra, anyone?

Here os a link to a video of today's dance:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210485530335025&id=1847836295

STREAKS - For the record (updated)

Current list of streaks:
  • Writing: day 31
  • Blood Pressure Readings: day 16 (exempted from reading because of road trip)
  • Logging to SparkPeople: day 0 (missed logging in during the trip)
  • Daily Exercise Routine: 
    • Cardio: Yes! Best cardio ever: Contra dancing! 8 hours of Contra dancing!
    • Yoga: No
    • Strength Training: No
    • Stretching: Yes
    • Meditation: Yes
  • Meditation: day 18
  • Number of tabs open: day 14

No comments: