Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Daily - Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Writing Challenge- Day #27

Playing any kind of sport can help us learn many lessons. For me, bowling is a constant source of lessons. Every week, every frame, every shot is an opportunity to learn or re-learn valuable life lessons. Tonight was no exception. After a strong first game (206), my next two games were a struggle (ending with scores of 150 and 160). Some lessons from tonight's sessions:

  1. Never rest in your laurels; just because game one was good does not mean the other games will be.
  2. Adjust, constantly adjust, and be willing to be brave and make big changes when needed. At the end of game two I moved left on the approach and moved my target left a little, shooting three strikes in a row.
  3. No matter what, it is just a game, so have a good time, celebrate the success of others (even if they are your opponents, perhaps especially if they are your opponents).
  4. Stay humble, always humble. My team has been in first place in the league since we started. We are not the greatest group of bowlers, but we were performing well every week, at least well enough to stay at the top of the chart. Tonight, we lost all points, and we all recognize that the other team bowled very, very well, and we did not.
Bowling, like may other sports, is a valuable teacher if we just stop and learn the lessons.


HEALTH & FITNESS

Very enjoyable morning run for 2.16 miles in 39 minutes. I listened to Podrunner's "139 BPM - Sudden Summer" this morning. Tomorrow I will listen to something in the 141-142 BPM, as part of my plan to increase my speed a little at a time.

Blood pressure was still good at 114/81.

Nutrition was so-so although I stayed within my targeted numbers for calories, carbs, etc.

Morning meditation was great and I intend to do another session before bedtime.

“So what is a good meditator? A good meditator meditates.” ~ Allan Lokos

GOALS, DREAMS, HABITS, RITUALS

An excellent day of productivity with the help of a simple to-do list. I expanded the use of the list to take notes, add a shopping list to the bottom, etc. It is becoming a great productivity tool.

STREAKS - For the record

Current list of streaks:
  • Writing: day 27
  • Blood Pressure Readings: day 14
  • Logging to SparkPeople: day 17
  • Daily Exercise Routine: not counting for now
    • Cardio: Yes (2.16 miles in 39 minutes)
    • Yoga: yes, short morning routine
    • Strength Training: No
    • Stretching: Yes
    • Meditation: Yes
  • Meditation: day 14
  • Number of tabs open: day 10

No comments: