Saturday, September 08, 2018

The Daily, September 8, 2018

Writing challenge, Day 10: a busy Saturday, a fun Saturday, a productive Saturday.

Yesterday I stayed up late (past 1 AM) trying to master the new skills needed to do the Ranger Roll for best packing of clothes (please see video below). I managed to roll pants, shirts, sports shorts, and socks; dress shorts and underwear, however, did not work for me. I ended up adapting the concept for those two garments. For dress shorts, I still rolled them and used rubber bands to hold each short neatly tucked in. For underwear I modified the tucking step to make it work. It is not as neat or durable, but it still does the job.

Dress shorts, rolled, rubber band
Dress shorts, rolled, rubber band

Sports shorts, rolled, tucked in
Sports shorts, rolled, tucked in

All shorts neatly stored in available cardboard boxes
All shorts neatly stored in available cardboard boxes (to be replaced with appropriate cubes later)

Learning to do the Ranger/Army Roll lead to videos on organizing clothes. This morning I bought some very inexpensive organizing cubes for my socks and such. I wish I had taken a picture of the before. But here is the after.

Socks and underwear, neatly organized
Socks and underwear, neatly organized

Socks and underwear, neatly organized, drawer in place
Socks and underwear, neatly organized, drawer in place

More or less what the top drawer used to look like.
More or less what the top drawer used to look like. This is my project for tomorrow.

PERSONAL GROWTH

Why all the fuss about cleaning and organizing. It is a way to reset my mindset, not just about clothes and drawers, but also about other aspects of life. Just like I started with working on my finances, cleaning other areas of my life is a good exercise in discipline and tidiness.

TIPS & TRICKS

Fantastic clothes folding tricks. I cannot wait to use them the next time I travel!




No comments: