Sunday, September 09, 2018

The Daily - Sunday, September 09, 2018

Writing challenge day 11.

Sunday, a day usually reserved for spiritual time and relaxation. Unless it is this Sunday, which was hectic and it lacked a lot of the spirituality that I normally like to focus on.

I joined my Tribe for some beautiful dancing on its fifth anniversary of starting, and also the last time dancing at our current location. Unfortunately, I had to leave early to run errands and pick up my daughter and do some preparations for Hurricane Florence.which seems to be heading straight for SC.

I managed to accomplish a lot today. In the afternoon I went back to Dollar Tree to get more organizing boxes. Here are some before and after pictures:

The shorts are now in nice boxes; top container for sports, bottom for dress shorts.

Before: Shorts (sports and dress) in available cardboard boxes
Before: Shorts (sports and dress) in available cardboard boxes
After: Shorts (sports and dress) in inexpensive nice boxes
After: Shorts (sports and dress) in inexpensive nice boxes
The second part is cleaning, purging and organizing the remaining two drawers of my dresser.

Before: second drawer -- what a mess!
Before: second drawer -- what a mess!
After: middle drawer (t-shirts, head wear, swim suits)
After: middle drawer (t-shirts, head wear, swim suits)

 The bottom drawer was last.
Before: bottom drawer -- what a mess!
Before: bottom drawer -- what a mess!

After: bottom drawer (swim items, run/exercise items, winter wear)
After: bottom drawer (swim items, run/exercise items, winter wear)

I also managed to cook a yummy Mexican dish called "Mole Verde." It came out great. I will have to share my recipe and tricks will all of you at some time.

Speaking of tricks, I realized during the rolling of many items that one of the tricks to a successful Army roll is to make sure that the area where you begin to roll is narrower than the place where the roll is going to tuck into the garment. The second thing I realized is that you don't really need to roll every single inch of the garment. It works almost as well to fold the part you are going to roll in half and then roll that much smaller amount of garment. In some clothes you can fold the garment into thirds before you begin rolling. Much faster and easier on your hands.

That's it for this post. Much more to clean and organize, but it will wait until tomorrow.

No comments: