Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Daily - Thursday, September 20, 2018

Writing Challenge- Day #22

Today's post will be short. It was a busy, long day that started when I went to bed too late last night which meant I got up late this morning … and it has been one of those days. It was a good day overall. No, really, it was a great day. I got a lot of things done. I had a great experience with our internet provider technician troubleshooting what I thought was slow speeds. Actually, it is old equipment inside the house: need a new router, new network cards, etc. I bought the new router this evening and will install it tomorrow after I get home.

A SIGN

This is my daily mantra as I drive to and from work:
Source: https://www.facebook.com/IndianHillsCommunitySign/

HEALTH & FITNESS

I came across this funny video on quitting sugar for a month; it is worth watching.


GOALS, DREAMS, HABITS, RITUALS

Today was the start of something I had wanted to do for years: a regular, daily Yoga practice. It took me a few minutes to get things set-up, but it was so worth it. I will do the same routine for the next few days and then try something different. Tomorrow, with a little more time, I will learn and do an evening Yoga routine; just a 10-minute sequence to end the day on a high note.

PERSONAL GROWTH

As I suspected, going to a digital things-to-do list made it easier not to look at it throughout the day. Fortunately, I was able to check off all the important items on the list anyway, but I could have missed something important by not looking at the list at least 2-3 times during the day. Something to work on.

FINANCES

Not logging in your expenses daily is a bad sign that your financial management efforts are about to collapse; that is what has happened to me in the past, and that is what is happening to me right now. Tomorrow evening I will play catch-up with "EveryDollar" until all transactions have been entered. Fortunately, I have been using my debit card for the most part this month, so it will be fairly easy to get caught up. Unfortunately, using the debit card as the main form of transactions tends to quickly escalate and leads to over spending. The flags are at yellow right now, but the flag person is pulling up the red flags; time to get back on track.

STREAKS - For the record

Current list of streaks:
  • Writing: day 22
  • Blood Pressure Readings: day 9 (a little higher today at 128/78; it was a stressful day at work)
  • Logging to SparkPeople: day 12
  • Daily Exercise Routine: not counting for now
    • Cardio: Yes: 1.78 miles for 32 minutes
    • Yoga: Yes!  A nice 10 minute workout in the morning. Mostly stretching and great to do.
    • Strength Training: No
    • Stretching: Yes (in addition to Yoga, I did some stretches first thing after getting up)
    • Meditation: Yes, 10 minute meditation first thing in the morning, another 10 minutes in the afternoon.
  • Meditation: day 9
  • Number of tabs open: day 5 (despite a crazy day at work, I managed to keep the number of tabs and windows to a minimum. I have become very aware of this aspect of computing and how quickly things can get out of hand).

No comments: