Sunday, August 29, 2004

A walk in the rain

Tracey is still having a rough time (but better than previous days). However, she spent a good deal of today sleeping. For that matter, so did I. My energy was at -10 this morning (accompanied by a low-level headache at the base of my skull). I slept until 3 PM, then played with MacK a little before dinner time. After dinner, the kids and I took a walk in the light rain -- and we had a great time! They could not believe that we were actually going out in the rain -- with no raincoats, umbrella or even regular shows (they wore sandals). It was not a long walk, but they had a lot of fun and it did us all a lot of good to get out of the house for a few minutes.

After the kids went to bed, Tracey came into the living room with her electric shaver at hand. She asked met o shave the rest of her hair off so that she doe not have to deal with small hairs everywhere. Now, let me tell you: I have an even greater respect for barbers! Shaving someone's head is HARD. It took a very long time to get it all shaved. As hard as it was trying to remove the hair, it was even harder emotionally considering all that Tracey is going through.

The lack of hair has brought yet another uncomfortable experience for Tracey: constant shivers! That has to be right up there with some sort of torture! Not even the scarf or buffs protect her from getting shivers. I hope this is something that will pass soon!

No comments: