Thursday, August 12, 2004

More hope ahead!

Today is another good day — and the good news keep rolling.

We spent most of the morning at Lexington Medical Park during a visit with her gynecologist (Dr. Gallery). Other than being a bit frustrated with having to answer 18 billion questions about her medial history (yet again -- didn't this office have the records from last year?) everything went well. Just to make sure I am clear: Tracey was not frustrated with all the questions (surprise, surprise!) -- but I was!

On the way home we heard a warning on the radio that a tornado had touched down a few miles from our home. Darn! That was TOO close for comfort! I am not sure what exact damage it caused, but we heard it touched down near a nursing home and may have destroyed a restaurant.

After I got to work I received a call from the Good Neighbor Fund -- the paperwork is going in requesting help for our roof project! That is fantastic news for us. Once we replace the roof we can really begin to make our home safer for the kids! :D

Tracey has had a very good day, overall -- and that makes my day a SUPER day! Let's hope for more of these!

1 comment:

Cherry Moon said...

More good days for both you and Tracey! Wow! I'm so happy that the tornado missed you... that would have been even more devastating...