Wednesday, August 18, 2004

It is gone!

As you can see, I am running a bit behind in updating my log -- it has been a busy few days!

Gone!

Monday night we had a "hair trimming" party to, as you can imagine, trim Tracey's hair down in preparation to the inevitable. We decided to include the kids in the experience. They had a blast! MacKenzie kept yelling: do it, do it, cut it! Noah giggled and laughed throughout the whole thing. Both of them kept running around the chair picking up hair and putting it in the trash can. I think it was a great idea to include them in this step!

I began by trimming Tracey's hair a little to give her a semi-mohawk look. Just as I began to trim she said: "I will hate you for ever for this!" I hope she was kidding! :-)

Kayla also participated in the cutting experience, trimming most of Tracey's top. Once we were done, Tracey had a nice, GI Jane haircut! We took pictures of the whole process (but they did not come out very well). She did try her wig and Survivor buff and was happy with how everything looked and felt on her. On Tuesday she went out (wearing her wig) to Wal-Mart and to pay our electrical bill. Nobody could really tell that she was wearing a wig -- that made her very happy!

In Training

This week (from Monday through Thursday) , I have been in a Security+ training course. Fortunately, I am able to remote control into my work computer from the Midlands Tech classroom and do some other work too!

Chemo Effects

Tracey has been experiencing additional symptoms from Chemo. Not only has she been tired and nauseated, but she is also feeling her mouth tissue begin to change. We were warned that mouth sores were a definite possibility with Chemo. All in all, however, she is doing well. Even the nausea has diminished substantially.

Tomorrow, Tracey will go (by herself) to Lexington Medical to get her blood check to make sure everything is OK for next week's Chemo session.

No comments: