Tuesday, October 02, 2018

The Daily - Tuesday, October 2, 2018 (PM Edition)

FUN OR REST?

I look forward to Tuesday evenings and my weekly round of bowling. Not only is the sport challenging, but the people in the league are friendly and supportive even with those they are competing against. Tonight, however, it was a matter of deciding whether having fun was worth the consequences. In the end, I decided to forego the fun and rest so that I can heal from this darn cold. I miss bowling, but it will be there next week. Rest it is.

PARENTING MOMENTS

For sometime I have been working on getting MacKenzie ready for the road; she is a good driver and we just had not had a spare car to finish her driver training. As of today we are getting very close to making that problem go away. The mechanic I engaged has given the Honda a clean bill of health, so we are on our way to acquire a new member of the Gascon automotive family:


This is about to become MacKenzie's first car. She and I drove it yesterday and I have never seen her more comfortable behind the wheel as she was driving this car. It is a 2001 Accord Coupe with 188600 miles on it, and it is in wonderful shape. We are looking forward to welcoming it to the clan.

OTHER STUFF

I have chosen not to do any of the other updates for now. I think the month of October will be more freestyle writing than the more structured format I followed in September. 

No comments: