Monday, October 22, 2018

Speeders and Speeding

To all speeders on the road:


Let's get something straight: I don't routinely speed. This is my choice and it is based on the fact that there are laws that dictate how fast we are supposed to drive, and the speed limit is set, most often than not, based on safety considerations.

I have the right to obey the speed limit. I have the obligation to obey the speed limit, and so do you. You have the right to disobey the speed limit and live with the consequences.



What you don't have is the right to harass and try to intimidate me or any other driver that chooses to obey the law and stay within the speed limits. You do not have the right to tailgate me, cut me off, or do any other kind of aggressive maneuver to express your displeasure with me obeying the speed limit.

In this matter, speeders are wrong and the rest of us are right. It is as simple as that.


No comments: