Friday, January 02, 2009

Starting over with SparkPeople

A new year has started and it is a great time for a reality check, for setting goals, and looking forward to a great year. Sometime ago I found (and joined) a website called SparkPeople. But I never really used the many great tools provided by the service. I suggest that anyone that is looking forward to better fitness and better health should check out SparkPeople!

I have been trying to lose weight for months now with no real results. So I am committed to following the SparkPeople system. Based on what others have achieved, I feel I will get myself in shape!

I have a SparkPeople web page that shows my progress; please don't be scared. The "start" pictures of where I am now are not pretty. I will update that page and this blog frequently to let everyone know of my progress.

VGASCON's SparkPage - Happy 2009! It all starts today!

One thing I discovered on the very first day is that the foods I am eating have a lot more calories and carbs than I thought. But without tracking my daily intake I would have never discovered that. SparkPeople makes it easy to track not only what and how much you eat, but also how much you exercise. They provide suggested meal plans (and you can even print the shopping list for such) and great exercise plans. I have joined a boot camp that starts January 4.

Happy New Year to everyone! May all your wishes come true!

No comments: