Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update on Tracey -- July 18, 2007

It is with infinite sadness that I must share the worst news I ever thought I could share with you. Tracey passed away this afternoon after fighting breast cancer for more than three years. Her daughters, Kayla and Jennifer, her Mom and Dad, along with other family members joined me in spending very significant moments with Tracey as she began a new journey.

I will let you all know of details of when a memorial service will be held. Whether afar or not, I ask that you join us at that time to celebrate Tracey's life and amazingly beautiful spirit.

In lieu of flowers, we ask that you consider donating to the American Cancer Society or the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (http://www.komen.org/).

Hugs and love to all of you!

6 comments:

Marissa64 said...

I am so sad to hear of Tracey's passing. You probably don't remember me and I'm not sure Tracey would, either. My name is Marissa and I had "met" Tracey on the unscrappable website. I always admired how strong she was in dealing with this horrible disease. I lost my own mother to cancer just last week.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children. God Bless.

JenBinAZ said...

Our condolences to you and yours Victor. Tracey impacted so many lives, and we will never forget her!

SilentGoddess said...

Victor and family, I am so saddened by your news of Tracey's passing. She was such a fighter and I had hopes that this was something she would overcome once again. I am so sorry for your loss.
I am sending my love to you all. I mourn with you.
~Laney

moocat said...

Victor, I am sorry to hear the news I'm sure you never wanted to share. I hope you are doing ok, and the kids as well. I will always be grateful to you and Tracey for your kindness and friendship during such a very hard time in my life. Your family, as well as Tracey will be in my thoughts. xoxo
Karen Stringham

SCVolleyball said...

Victor,
I am so sorry to hear about Tracey and we were all blessed to have had the chance to know her. She was a fighting spirit and you & your family are in my thoughts are prayers this morning. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do and when the memorial service will be held so that we can plan to be there. Know that you are loved by friends and family that share in your loss.

Katie

College Girl said...

Victor, You don't know me, but I knew Tracey from the pregnancy e-mail list she was on with me. We have all been posting for the past 6 years together and I am heartbroken to hear this. Tracey is a beautiful spirit. She taught me so much. And her love for you and the kids showed through all every time we spoke. I wish you and the kids strength right now. You are all in my thoughts.