Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 1

Today is Sunday, July 29, 2007. This is what I will forever call "Day 1." Today is the first day of my life as a widower and as a single parent. It is the first day for Noah and MacKenzie to be motherless and have only me in their daily routines.

Everyone is gone now. Tracey's Mom and Kayla left yesterday evening and made it to Canada without incident -- and that is great news because we were concerned about them crossing the border with all of Kayla's stuff.

The kids and I had a busy day. By 6:30 AM we were all up and having breakfast. We then stripped all beds, did laundry, and cleaned the house. By 1 PM we sat down to watch the NASCAR race -- I guess we were all tired because we fell asleep for about two hours. I surprised the kids and we went to eat at Moe's -- I decided that Sunday's will probably be our day to eat out (at least for awhile) so that I can get other things done (such as preparing meals for the following week).

Either because of the nap or because it was so quiet in the house, both kids had a difficult time getting to sleep. It was past midnight before they both fell asleep.

No comments: