Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tracey's Eulogy

These are the humble words I shared with those present at Tracey's Memorial Service on Friday:

Dreams

Dreams are the Divine power within us that separates us from all other beings on Earth.

Dreams are God's gift to each of us so that we can fulfill our purpose in this life.

Tracey was a Master Chef of life. Every Master Chef has a signature dish that he/she shares with the world. It is usually made of the simplest ingredients, but the Master Chef's touch turns them into a delightful masterpiece. Tracey had a signature dish: her dreams.

Like all Master Chefs, her signature recipe was a secret, and she took it with her. Over the years I did learn of a couple of those ingredients, and I would like to share them with you. The first ingredient is quite simple: action. Tracey put lots of action in every dream, regardless of how small it was. I think that's what made many of her dreams come true.

The other key ingredient is not so simple, and we know it as love. Every one of Tracey's dreams was filled with love: love for her family, love for her friends, and love for her community.

Our Tracey is beautiful in every possible way. Her bright blue eyes remind me of a clear blue Spring morning sky, her smile brighten my days like the brightest sun, and her soul filled my every moment with love and joy.

I am very lucky to be married to Tracey. She is my dream come true.

3 comments:

Jim Howard said...

Victor,

Kitty and I are thinking about you. Would you post your address so that we and other Toastmasters might drop you a card or note.

Jim and Kitty Howard

Sue said...

Hi Victor, Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and the children these days. Hope that the children are doing okay. Have they started back to school yet?? How is that going?? And how are you doing? Just know that lots of people think about you and pray for you everyday!!

Unknown said...

We are thinking about you. We know that you are strong and that you are getting through this. We never met your wife but through your comments in person and your blog, we see that she was truly a light for the world. God Bless You.
Doris and Bob Barnett