Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tracey's Updated (Juy 16, 2007)

I am very sad to let you all know that Tracey has had a relapse and she is currently in the ICU of Lexington Medical Center. She is unresponsive and her breathing is very labored.

Last Saturday, July 7, Tracey began having flu-like symptoms. On Sunday I took her to the hospital and she was admitted. The original diagnosis was of a stomach virus. The hospital did ultrasound tests of her gallbladder and kidneys and nothing unusual showed. An MRI of her head revealed that one of the existing tumors had grown about 2 mm, but the swelling in her head was significant. The hospital staff has been treating the nausea and headaches with various medications, and also restarted her on the Decadron steroid to control the swelling affecting her brain. By Wednesday, I was advised by the staff to prepare for the worse. But, Tracey being the fighter that she is, after a week in the hospital it looked like she was making a little progress towards a recovery.

Unfortunately, this morning I was called to let me know that Tracey's breathing was bad and she had been moved to the ICU. The hospital has scheduled a CAT-Scan of her brain and lungs to try to pin point the cause of the breathing problem.

I will do my best to keep you all informed of any changes as they happen.

No comments: