Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Win-Win Situation

We bought a new car today. I mention this because the experience was one of the most non-pressure car buying events my wife and I have ever been a part of. I think the car industry is finally getting it: high pressure sales not only hurt the individual business or sales person, they hurt the whole industry. The "no-pressure" approach is not new; I remember experiencing it as far back as 1983 when I bought my first new car. Every time I am faced with buying and I feel pressured into something I usually do not complete the transaction -- it just feels wrong. Today's transaction simply felt right from the very beginning. The salesman was objective, honest, and did not try to feed us any crap. The "behind the scenes" staff (General Manager, financing, etc.) were there to support the transaction, not to pressure us into getting more than what we wanted. What a great experience. We will definitely go back to that dealer for our next purchase and we will recommend them without hesitation. That is a win-win situation.

No comments: