Sunday, February 12, 2006

Valentine's Day

Next Tuesday marks yet another Valentine's Day in many countries around the world. Looking at the celebration's history and roots, compared to its current customs, makes me wonder about the loss of the simpler traditions of life. Valentine's Day once brought a simple exchange of meaningful messages amongst people that love each other. There were no diamonds, chocolates, expensive flowers, or any of the other commercialized "stuff" we are bombarded with every year. In 2006 I will buy none of that for those I love. I will find a small poem, transcribe it by hand to a folded sheet of nice paper, and add a message of what that person means to me, not only on February 14, but everyday of the year. I will give one of these notes to my wife, my children, my mother, and to some of my dearest friends. I better get busy, then, so that I can have these messages done on time.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

and it was awesome. Thank you my love.