Sunday, October 23, 2005

Renewed passion

Recently, I have found myself with a renewed interest in an old passion: photography. I used to love taking photographs and experimenting. At one point I had a decent camera and several lenses, plus filters, etc. I sold those because of financial difficulties many years ago, but I still kept taking pictures even with modest cameras I have had. Lately, Tracey has really gotten into high-quality digital photography and is very interested in getting a Canon Rebel XT (you know, the $1200 model). Obviously, that will have to wait a while! :) We do have a nice 4 MP Gateway camera that does OK -- not great, but OK. We borrowed a Rebel from a friend and did some side-by-side comparisons of similar shots. By far, the Canon rocks in low-light photos! Today we are going to drive a bit and take some outdoor photos. I am still going to do the side by side comparison and see what happens. I suspect the Canon will still win!

In the meanwhile, here are some awesome links for those interested in photography:

* DeviantArt is the best source for artistic inspiration! In addition to fantastic photographs, they have poems, drawings, etc. Please respect the artists' rights!

* Flickr is a great source for looking at people's photos! There are some fantastic exhibitions and very talented photographers have joined this community. This is part of Yahoo! and has great technical support and features. Please respect the artists' rights!

* Fotolog is an interesting worldwide photo community. Here you see more "amateur, spontaneous photography, and there are a lot of participants from other countries. Very worthy website to visit and explore! Please respect people's rights!


In my cyber-travels I came across Blogthings is a fun site to generate interesting materials that you can add to you blog or website. Do you know what your name means? Do you have good Karma? Go to Blogthings and find out!

No comments: