Monday, April 13, 2009

The Week in Review: Week of 4/6/09

Last week was an interesting one. It was probably one of the most stressful periods I have had in years. And yet it had some great rewards.

Personally, I had the unfortunate experience of having to evict a family from the house they rented from me. It was very sad and stressful. This was the last thing I ever had imagined would occur; what was supposed to be a win-win arrangement resulted in a lose-lose situation for all involved, including myself.

But that event (on Thursday) was followed by a great day with the kids. We went to the beach and had a fantastic time together! The only tarnish on Friday was that we were rear-ended on the way back. The kids were scared and, unfortunately, I have developed back pain for which I am getting medical treatment. But that still does not diminishes the beauty of spending great quality time with my kids.

Last week I managed to lose two more pounds. I am now starting to fit in medium-size sweaters. Large shirts feel too big for me, so the next batch of shirts may be medium. I really need to buy new pants, because I am beginning to swim in the ones I have (38 and 36).

I had a couple of days when nutrition suffered a bit, and I really need to be more careful when going out. For example, Friday morning we had breakfast at Waffle House -- the waffle did me in nutritionally. I had one other day when I exceeded my target calorie intake. However, all things considered, it was still a good week and I learned some lessons and do not regret what I did.

In the fitness arena, I did great with my C25K program, but did not do well with my strength training (ST) goals. I need to re-focus and work on that. It is essential to balance cardio and ST to maximize fitness results. With the back injury, I suspect this week will be a challenge for both areas. I will try to do as much as it is safe without causing damage to my back. I am going to research stretches for back muscles to help me recuperate as much and as quickly as possible.

I was told this morning by my Chiropractor that running is out for at least two weeks. I was disappointed. I am already planning on re-starting my C25K program at week 3 as soon as I can. These things happen and we have to adjust to them.

I hope you had a great Easter and that this is a great week for you. I am going to make it the best week I can and push forward!

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: