Sunday, August 24, 2008

Since when? The absurdity of conservative censorship

The kids and I were driving back home today and we were listening to Steve FM. On comes one of our favorite songs, one that Tracey loved, and we were immediately singing to Nickelback's "Rock Star" lyrics. Much to my surprise, I noticed that the words "drug" and "drugs" were censored! Since when those two words became obscene? Oh my God … the conservative censorship machine is going to ban all words in the English language! How moronic is this?

Maybe we will be able to freely express ourselves in Spanish or other languages.

So … the following is dedicated to all the idiotic conservative censorship organizations:

drug … drugs … drug … drugs … drug … drugs … drug … drugs … drug … drugs … drug … drugs

I hope all those in the conservative censorship machinery had a stroke reading those horrible obscene words!

I am sure the pharmaceutical industry is having a hard time with this ultra-conservative society … after all, they are the biggest drug pushers ever! Oh my ... I used the word drug again … oh sheesh, here I go again using that bad, bad word. It is not that I support illegal drugs (ooops!) — quite the opposite! But I also cannot understand censorship of this magnitude.


No comments: