Monday, August 04, 2008

Forget Sears!

My fridge quit working properly on Saturday night (and I did not confirm the problem until Sunday afternoon). When I tried to call Sears on Monday morning (starting at 6 AM), I kept being disconnected, transferred and then the call being dropped, or simply not able to connect to their service department at all. Twice I was able to talk to someone that could actually schedule a repair person, and they told me I had to wait seven days -- a whole week -- before someone could come to look at my fridge (a Kenmore).

The last rep I spoke with was so unresponsive to my request for more prompt service that I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. The result: my call was disconnected.

Fine … I called a local repair company and they offered to be there by 3 PM (and this was 1 PM). Because of scheduling issues, I asked them to postpone until tomorrow at Noon. They had no problem with my request. What a difference!

No comments: