Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saving for College

I wanted to share this link with all parents with kids:

Savingforcollege.com
The internet guide to funding college and Section 529 college savings plans.


Eye opening fact: I have to save about $800 per child per month in order to pay for their college education. Ouch! Who has that kind of money? That is $1600 per month for my single-income household! Of course, that does not take into consideration the possible availability of financial assistance when they get to college, but still …

2 comments:

Jeff Frese said...

After you go to savingforcollege.com and research and sign up for a plan, visit freshmanfund.com to convert gifts into college savings.

[FULL DISCLOSURE] I started the company, it lets anybody in your circle of friends and family gift directly into your child's 529 plan. So instead of another Barbie Doll or shirt from the Gap people can gift into your child's plan. It's a simple site and concept that helps people save for college and give meaningful gifts. The site is www.freshmanfund.com

I also write a blog on saving for college the site is www.giftingforcollege.com

JediVictor said...

Thanks for the comment Jeff -- and thank you for the service provided at http://www.freshmanfund.com. I think we should all re-think the gift idea and consider your approach!

Also, for some reason your blog URL is trying to open within my blog space, so I am re-posting the URL here:

http://www.giftingforcollege.com

Take care!