Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beliefnet

As most of you know, I rarely comment on areas of spiritual nature simply out of respect for the many different belief systems adopted by people I love and care for. It is not that I expect to offend anyone — I believe in the open acceptance of everyone's choices as it comes to spirituality and religion. As such, it was rewarding to come across this website:

Beliefnet
Beliefnet offers features on religion, spirituality, faith, health, prayer, the Bible, holistic lifestyle, and more.

I really like this website because it accomplishes a goal that seems unreachable in real life: bring all people of all faiths together in an environment that nurtures mutual understanding and support. I particularly enjoyed the Belief-O-Matic test that tries to find what church you are mostly aligned with based on your beliefs. It was pretty accurate for me.

The site goes beyond religion or spirituality to very practical subjects, such as weight loss.
Chances are you’ve heard about the Laws of Attraction. The basic concept is that you attract into your life whatever you think about. Positive thoughts and beliefs create a positive life; negative thoughts and beliefs attract negativity.

One sure way to get those positive vibes swirling out there is to be attracted to yourself, in a healthy and self-affirming way (not in a narcissistic, oh my goodness, I’m the greatest ever, where’s the mirror – I need to look at myself again - kind of way). Truthfully, if you aren’t attracted to you, if you don’t fully recognize your qualities and embrace yourself, how attractive could you possibly be to the universe.
Enjoy!

No comments: