Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Online Videos

For the longest time I just could not get the big deal of online videos such as those served by YouTube. I confess, however, that I am hooked on them now. I have discovered a world of valuable information in these videos. Of course, there is a lot of crap out there too. But you can really find some seriously useful material. For example, I came across many Yoga lessons on YouTube -- pretty cool!

There are also many exercise tips and suggestions to help anyone be in better shape -- what a jewel!

You can find some very deeply inspirational videos. Probably one of the most inspirational videos I have seen is the "Last Lecture" by Professor Randy Pausch. It is worth every minute of it!

I will mention other powerful videos in future commentaries.

A friend of mine shared this link with me. For those of you that know me, it may surprise you that I have included that link. After all, I am not a church-going, religious person. There is a valuable message in the video and it made an impact on me. You see, I believe we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Among the crap out there, unfortunately, is a rapidly spreading "joke" called "Fire in the hole". The idea has been disseminated through video evidence and has exploded into the biggest rage amongst teenagers. It is sad that the Internet can be misused in so many ways. But neither this example nor the many that preceded it will ever justify censorship. Justice will prevail and karma will handle things in due time.

No comments: