Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shutdown Day

Is it really possible? Can we live without touching a PC for just one day? I think it is not only possible, but a highly commendable goal. And that is why I joined the "Shutdown Day" effort. I work with computers every day for a living -- I have a computer-related side business -- I volunteer with computer-related boards -- do you see a pattern? On March 24, I will not be in front of a computer. Mine will be turned off at home the whole day. I will encourage everyone I know to do so too. One day of computer freedom! Imagine, also, the amount of energy we will save by turning off all that hardware! I will choose to spend time with my family that day, maybe do something physical like a long walk. I hope you will join in and be PC-free for one day!

No comments: