Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Message from my wedding ring

I have worn my wedding ring continuously for ten years. For most of that time it was nearly impossible for me to take it off. For the last two years it was virtually impossible to remove it from my finger. But something interesting happened recently.

Last Monday night (11/24/08) the kids and I began our drive north to spend Thanksgiving with our family in NY. We had scheduled a stop in WV to visit with dear friends. Sometime around 5 AM I felt my wedding ring did not feel normal. I twisted it and it fell incredibly loose. With almost no effort, it came off my finger. I was amazed!

I slid it onto my pinky finger so that I could show the kids that it had come off. I have been trying to lose weight and I thought this was proof that I had lost weight. I had the best intention to put the ring back where it had been for a decade. After I showed the kids and my friend that the ring had come off my finger, I was unable to slide it back. It now refuses to go back on my ring finger. I am not sure what exactly this means, but I felt I needed to share it with all of you.

No comments: