Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Family News

OK, so some of you may be wondering why I have not posted any family news. And you have a good point!

We are doing quite well here. The kids are doing great in school and getting good grades. I have them both in soccer through Columbia United Football and I am coaching Noah's team this season. MacKenzie is in an all-girl's team. I will post some photos as soon as I can this week.

The kids and I have a nice routine going and it seems to work well. They are awesome at doing their chores to help me with house tasks. Nothing is perfect, but we are making it and having fun at it.

They love going out everyday and playing with friends in the neighborhood. They ride their bikes and play games and appear to be happy most of the time.

I started a new job with the same company and I am working to become an application developer (programmer). This is something I have wanted to do for many years. I confess I had not expected the complexity of programming language and system interactions that I have encountered, but I believe I am beginning to grasp some of the main concepts. The programming I did in the past and what I am going to do in the future are very, very different. Taking on this challenge has given me a very new perspective on the intricacies of the computer world and a humbling appreciation for good programmers everywhere.

No comments: