Saturday, February 23, 2008

Giving to Our Youth

I recently became involved in a wonderful activity that pertains to my kids' sports: soccer. I grew up with soccer and, when I came to the USA, I lost touch with this wonderful sport. Now I am coaching a team of youngsters and sharing my experiences from many years ago. Our season has just started and yet I already see results in them. Although their skills are still rudimentary, the interest and passion for this wonderful sport is definitely manifesting. The point of it all is that, if at all possible, we should take up sharing our knowledge with our youngsters -- and what better way than through sports. I am enjoying the heck out of it -- I feel better, younger, energized. So I encourage everyone to find a way to give to the youth in their communities -- they are our future.

No comments: