Friday, June 23, 2006

I am Registered

I recently became Registered -- I am Linux Regsitered User No. 418894. This is an important statement on my support for Open Source and GNU/Linux.

But today I also became registered in a different area. As of 2 PM today I registered to be a bone marrow donor. It is a very easy process. Most of the time is spent filling some basic paperwork -- it took all of five minutes or so. Then you provide four simple samples of your saliva, seal the samples and you are done. Hopefully one day I will be able to help someone survive a fatal disease. Please consider registering for such a worthy cause! Visit the National Bone Marrow Donor Program website or call 1-800 MARROW-2 to find out when and where a screening is available near you. It only takes a few miinutes of your time -- it may save a child's life!

No comments: